Saturday, March 28, 2015

Final Project Proposal – “Inspiring to Aspire”
(Still working with the title)

     My final project will be either an animated power point or a short video on empowering young women/teens.  Since, in this day and age, it has become a challenge to raise confident girls into confident women, I want to empower and take part in shaping young women to learn how to use the following elements to help give them the potential to believe in themselves:




1.     Self Worth – I want to help them learn how to uplift their self-esteem and encourage self-love.  Teens today are influenced negatively by society and even within the families and homes, they are raised in. I want to help them, with examples of my personal experiences to show them they can get past the obstacles that may seem at the time to discourage them.
2.     Education – I will focus on the importance of furthering their education.  I always stress with my two daughters that education is the most important asset they can attain.  I will focus on the following reasons why education is so important:
a.     Builds confidence.
b.     Helps you attain your goals.
c.      Helps you understand the world.


     The reason why I chose both these topics is the experience I have had with my two daughters.   Recently my 18 year old experienced her first heartbreak from a close friend.   She went thru what most of us have experienced but because I expressed to her the importance of self-love and worth, it made it less painful.  In the end, she told me that it made it easier for her to accept and was able to move on positively. 
13 and 18 Years Old
    
9 months and 4 years








     







My 13 year old is all about education and learning all she can and we support every endeavor she sets out to do.  I am hoping with sharing some of my personal experiences and theirs as well, I will help inspire other girls. 
     I want to present the video to young girls in Junior High Schools, High Schools and the CYO Team.  I am going to speak to the principals and coaches to see if it can be presented in class or published on their websites.
    
Please let me know if any of you have any suggestions and/or feedback. I also have never done a film but heard it was easy with a Mac. Any advice would be appreciated.  

Project Timeline:
Week 1 3/30-4/3:  Research and working on small script.
Week 2 & 3, 4/6-4/17:  Working on recording video and editing.
Week 4 4/20-4/24:  Get in touch with schools and CYO Coaches and work on ways to distribute the video.
Week 5 4/27-5/1:  Distribution video and getting feedback.

Research
http://www.ywcanyc.org




5 comments:

  1. I think that if you get the chance to speak to a classroom, or can show your video/powerpoint to teens you should find a way to capture it on film. It would be a great addition to your project to see what the teens learn, and how they articulate their thoughts on the issue before and after learning from you. It seems to be the central focus of your proposal, so it would be a great way to tie up your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely love this..my only concern if your using other kids than yours just get permission because people are quick to sue..other wise i love all the aspects of it and it cant wait to see it!! i have never been taught any of this in my teens and it is taking a toll on my adult life. i would love to see how it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I think my main concern is that for some kids schoolnis just not their thing. I think that it is an importanf for a child to gain an education but its so many lessons that we learn outside of classrooms. Maybe also introducing someone that is successful in something like a small business and maybe self made. I repeat that education is important but i think your message of self worth can also be delivered with the ideas of self knowledge. Demonstrating a versatility in what women can be is essential to developping strong girls into strong women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a really feminist teen magazine called Rookie and another called Smart Girls Group. Both were started to teach young girls feminist ideologies.

    I also think it would be great to get your daughters involved in the making of the project. Contributing to a project would already add to their self-esteem. Plus I know I already forgot what it was like to be a young girl, they're going through it. Adding their voice in the project would be more relateable to young girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a really feminist teen magazine called Rookie and another called Smart Girls Group. Both were started to teach young girls feminist ideologies.

    I also think it would be great to get your daughters involved in the making of the project. Contributing to a project would already add to their self-esteem. Plus I know I already forgot what it was like to be a young girl, they're going through it. Adding their voice in the project would be more relateable to young girls.

    ReplyDelete